Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord


1 Corinthians 1:26-31 ....
27  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
28  God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
30  And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
31  so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.

Jeremiah 9:23  Thus says the LORD: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
9:24  but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.”

2 Corinthians 10:17  “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
2 Corinthians 12:9  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Galatians 6:14  But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

James 3:14  But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
James 4:16  As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment