Monday, June 18, 2018

When the lost are found - REJOICE!


                               PARABLE of the lost sheep and the lost coin

Luke 15:1-10  Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. ...
3  So he told them this parable:
4  “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 
5  And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 
6  And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 
7  Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. 

8  “Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? 
9  And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ 
10  Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment